We have been thinking long and hard how we as an organization will do our part to become and Anti-Racist organization, and today we wanted to share the steps we are taking in doing so. We recently sat in a webinar hosted by Rachel Rodgers, Founder & CEO of HelloSeven, who shared with us an awesome small business pledge. By signing the pledge we commit to building an equitable, anti-racist organization. We would like all businesses, big and small to join us in signing here.
Becoming an anti-racist organization will take time – there’s a lot of learning, processing and action for us to do. However, we are starting today to work on it by taking the following steps:
- We have signed the The Anti-Racist Small Business Pledge and encourage you to do the same.
- As a team we are having discussions around racism and white-supremacy. We will provide educational books to our team and have conversations to discuss. On our reading list so far: The New Jim Crow, How to be an AntiRacist, So You Want to Talk About Race, The Color of Law & White Fragility.
- We will continue our commitment to building a diverse team and put more focus on supporting, buying from, and doing more business with black and brown-owned businesses.
- We have officially recognized Juneteeth, June 19th, as a paid company holiday.
- We will contribute a monthly amount to a social justice organization starting this month. Our first donation went to the Dismantle Collective, an all person of color group whose goal is to name, disrupt, and dismantle white supremacy.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out. #blacklivesmatter
Geek Girl Tech