Join our team
Bay Area, CA
Geek Girl Tech is looking for engineers to join our team!
If you’re geeky and enjoy helping others, we’d like to meet you! To succeed in this role, you should have a people-loving, problem-solving attitude along with the ability to explain technical things to non-technical people.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and network issues
- Train end-users how to setup and use new technologies
- Create documentation of procedures & friendly knowledge base articles
- Monitor backups and restore data as needed
- Monitor antivirus, run scans, and clean viruses as needed
- Install, configure and upgrade software and operating systems
- Work on a variety of special IT projects and assignments
- Ability to perform the responsibilities listed above
- Strong people skills and a knack for problem solving
- Ability to maintain composure and focus in challenging situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with both Mac and Windows systems.
- Possession of a car, good driving record, and the ability to travel to client sites as needed
Bonus Points for
- Ability to read/write in French or Spanish
- Background in Information Security, Active Directory, AWS/Azure/Google, or other technologies
Underrepresented folks are highly encouraged to apply!
This position is part-time. Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with a subject line of “Geek Girl Tech Happiness Engineer”.